This is your one stop shop for everything you need to know to start lifting and get big.
No matter your goals, I will have articles helping you every step of the way and constantly being updated.
From, “how do I diet right?” to “what are the best programs” to “is milk a good food for me?” you will have all your questions answered here in a nicely formatted page.
If you need anything added to here or have more suggestions please e-mail me at [email protected], I update this page all the time, so feel free to keep reading to getting big!
How To Begin From Zero for Beginners
Okay Tommy, I have NEVER lifted a day in my life or anything. What do I do?
First of all, I was in your same spot. I was never in any sports, never had stepped foot in a gym, and didn’t have any buddies that lifted at the gym with me. I did it ALL on my own, and I’ll admit- it was very scary!
I was honestly very anxious, scared, and didn’t really know what to do. I stepped in nervously in a crowd of people and just started going with what the program said.
What’s my point here? If I could do it (105 lb skinny legend that’s NEVER been anywhere fitness), then so can you. And it’s honestly not that scary once you get the hang of it.
First of all, we need to get you on a beginner program.
- Q: What program should I do?
- A: There are many programs that charge lots of money, and are complete scams. Arnold Schwarzenegger (hopefully you’ve heard of him!) also known as most famous bodybuilder and Governor of California has a completely free program that will tell you how to get as big as him that is easy to read, understand, and apply! Read about it here: https://vekhayn.com/the-best-free-program-for-bodybuilding-arnolds-blueprint/
- Q: How Many Hours of Sleep Should I Be Getting?
- A: Very good question, 7-9 hours of sleep is REQUIRED. Many bodybuilders skip this step and pay for it down the road when they suffer massive energy loss and find it hard to put on any muscle at all. Read 3 Reasons Why Sleep is Very Important For Muscle: https://vekhayn.com/3-reasons-sleep-is-very-important-for-gaining-muscle/
Common New Lifter Questions
- Q: Does Cardio Kill My Gains?
- A: This is actually a very complicated answer that you can read more about at this article I wrote a few months prior. Many will give you a straight yes or no answer when in reality there are certain conditions where cardio can kill gains and where it cannot, read the article to learn what you need to avoid to allow cardio to benefit your lifting and supplement your lifestyle.
- Q: Does Lifting Weights Stunt My Growth?
- A: This is a very common question, luckily for you, it’s not true at all. However, there are things that can stunt your growth, so check out 5 Reasons Why Lifting Weights Does NOT Stunt Your Growth at: https://vekhayn.com/5-reasons-why-lifting-weights-does-not-stunt-your-growth/ to find out why it doesn’t stunt your growth and what actually does.
I made quite a few articles on common diet questions asked all the times by my fellow lifters in the gym, unfortunately many of them you will have to read an article, but I hope it helps you immensely as I spent days working on some of these articles citing multiple sources from multiple authors to tell you what the actual non biased view is.
- Q: Are Fruits Actually Good For You?
- A: I wrote an article about this a few months ago aswell, fruits are actually very interesting. Many people just always say “fruits are super good for you!!” but the science behind it is in a way blurred, however in the article I do go super in-depth to give you a definitive answer on whether you should add fruits to your diet.
- Q: Is Drinking Milk Good For You?
- A: Milk is a super heavily debated food on its status for your health, and if it is good for you widely depends on your lifestyle too, if you lift heavy and are super athletic milk is considered way better for you than someone who is living a sedentary lifestyle where some doctors said it would do more harm than good.
- Q: Is creatine bad for you? What is creatine?
- A: Creatine is a controversial supplement due to many not credible sources stating it is bad for you. In reality, creatine is very safe and can help you grow muscle and look bigger. Read more about it here:
- Q: Should I take a pre-workout?
- A: Honestly, most pre-workouts are strange chemicals and won’t help that much. I recommend buying some coffee, it will give you more caffeine than a pre-workout, is natural, and is wayy cheaper than those overpriced tubs of god knows what. Read about it here, 3 Reasons Why Coffee is The Best Preworkout: https://vekhayn.com/3-reasons-why-coffee-is-the-best-preworkout/