Look, sometimes you just need an idea to make a quick sandwich for your muscle-growth. Here are 7 bodybuilding sandwiches that are incredibly tasty and incredibly good for you.
- 1 #1 – The Vekhayn Classic
- 2 #2 – Remington James’ Bodybuilding Grilled Cheese
- 3 #3 – Roast Beef Sandwich
- 4 #4 – Upgrade Your Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
- 5 #5 – The “Gunner” Sammy (David’s Bodybuilding Sandwich)
- 6 #6 – Tuna Bodybuilding Sandwich
- 7 #7 – The Egg, Cheese, Sausage Muffin
- 8 Conclusion of The 7 Best Bodybuilding Sandwiches
#1 – The Vekhayn Classic
Let’s stick to the classics here fellas. Sometimes you just need that quick easy to make sandwich in the morning.
Here are the ingredients. Sure, it’s not the most crazy on this bodybuilding sandwiches list, but it is definitely a classic and will get your protein in for the day fast.
- Whole Grain Bread, Toasted.
- Mayonaise, slap on both sides of the toast.
- Chicken deli meat/Turkey deli meat. (not a big ham guy)
- Sprinkle in pepper/salt as you need.
Yes, a very simple sandwich, but it’s going to be giving you 30g of protein for like 300 calories. And, it will definitely fill you up.
- Calories: 300 calories
- Carbs: ~10g
- Fats: 20g
- Protein: 26g
#2 – Remington James’ Bodybuilding Grilled Cheese
Look, I’ve never been a big fan of grilled cheese. But I’ll say this, Remington James’ bodybuilding grilled cheese changed my perspective on everything.
This beast of a grilled cheese has canadian bacon, eggs, oil, bread, cheese and deliciousness.
Here’s the ingredients:
- Bread (2 slices, I recommend whole grain)
- Eggs (great for protein)
- Cheese slices (Read: Best Cheeses for Bodybuilding)
- Canadian Bacon (tons of protein, but I personally put normal bacon in mine)
I highly recommend this one, it’s tasty. The only downside is that it is way harder to make than just some typical deli meat.
- Calories: 400
- Carbs: 26g
- Fats: 15g
- Protein: 43g
#3 – Roast Beef Sandwich
This one might be a little rare compared to most of these lists.
Honestly, it’s kind of hard to get your hand on roast beef. But it’s one of the best deli meats for bulking out there.
Strangely enough, it’s kind of scarce and hard to get at stores- but if you see it you should definitely pick it up. It doesn’t have the best protein to calories, but it’s still VERY HIGH, the thing that sets roast beef apart is that it is way tastier than standard deli meat and has a ton of volume.
This is important because you don’t want to have a sandwich that leaves you hungry. If you’re eating bodybuilding sandwiches regularly it’s probably because you’re at work or need a fast meal.
But regardless, roast beef is really good and can stand alone in sandwich bread. You don’t really need condiments- but if you want some, you’re more than welcome to.
- 4 oz roast beef deli meat
- Sliced american cheese
- Portuguese rolls (don’t really need them, david says they are necessary though)
- David also recommends BBQ sauce/honey mustard (but I don’t!)
Here’s the nutrition:
- Calories: 350
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 36g
#4 – Upgrade Your Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
Okay sorry if I keep promoting this Remington James guy, I swear I’m not sponsored. But you have to admit, he makes some crazy bodybuilding sandwiches.
This was one of the first videos I watched of his years ago and got me introduced to the whole bodybuilding ‘bulking’ stuff.
Here is literally a MONSTER of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that is like crazy to make. Not only will it taste amazing, but the macros are incredible.
Even without meat, this sandwich will be giving you some of the most protein of any sandwich. Not to mention the ton of calories that will help you in any bulk.
- Calories: 500
- Carbs: 41g
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 42g
#5 – The “Gunner” Sammy (David’s Bodybuilding Sandwich)
We’re going to take a step away from my usual ‘basic’ chicken sandwich earlier and really get crazy with this sandwich.
This is made by my best friend, David Shevchuk. He started bodybuilding and has made one of the craziest bodybuilding sandwiches I’ve seen to date.
Personally, I don’t like it. It’s more of an ‘east-coast’ kind of sandwich, so if you’re more of an eastside guy this might be right up your alley.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 slices of sour dough bread
- 3 slices of turkey (personally I would up this and put a LOT more turkey, but this sandwich is designed for David to bring to his ambulance shift, so he puts it in a small ziploc bag)
- 2 slices of muenster cheese
- Honey mustard
- BBQ Sauce
- Place the 3 layers of turkey onto the bread.
- Over the 3 layers of turkey place 1 layer of munster cheese, cover the turkey completely so every bite has both flavors.
- Pour on top of that equal parts of BBQ sauce and honey mustard. Then mix and spread them with a spoon.
- Calories: 500
- Carbs: 60g
- Fats: 13g
- Proteins: 18g
#6 – Tuna Bodybuilding Sandwich
Tuna gets a bad rap for no reason. It’s a great tasting food that’s incredibly cheap.
However, I do agree that some places sell tuna that isn’t great for you. This tuna will have a ton of mercury and is usually fished from bad places. I recommend reading this article to avoid bad tuna.
Regardless, I didn’t grow up rich and I had tons of cans of tuna lying around. And my muscles needed to grow, so I went to chewing. As far as I know, the tuna was safe. Most tuna cans are safe, just try to avoid the really weird off-brand said.
Anyways, this should be pretty simple.
- Two slices of bread (preferably whole-grain)
- Can of tuna
- You can add mayonnaise/tarter if you’d like.
- Calories: 300
- Carbs: 6g
- Fats: 3g
- Protein: m25g
#7 – The Egg, Cheese, Sausage Muffin
This is a timeless classic.
I even covered how great it is in my McDonald’s and Bodybuilding post.
This is pretty simple to make actually, don’t let the haters fool you.
- Get one english muffin, cut in half.
- Place a round egg on the patty(or just scramble some eggs and fold them over)
- Place a sausage patty (buy from store) or some bacon on (or both).
- Put a slice of cheese on
Now you have your own makeshift egg, cheese, and sausage breakfast sandwich. I don’t think I need to explain why these things are so fricken good.
But honestly, they are pretty easy to make, don’t let the “big fast food” elites fool you.
Conclusion of The 7 Best Bodybuilding Sandwiches
Hopefully, this list of delicious bodybuilding sandwiches gives you some inspiration for your next meal.
So let’s keep eating, and keep putting on some muscle!